The Surviving & Thriving With a Life-Altering Injury Scholarship is awarded annually by Physician Life Care Planning. One winner receives an award of $2,500 after selection by an appointed scholarship selection committee.
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university or graduate school.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment.
- Applicant must have residency in the United States.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must author an original essay on the scholarship essay topic provided.
- Applicant must have experienced, be related to someone who has experienced, or be in close relationship with someone who has experienced a serious, life-altering injury.
The following people are NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Physician Life Care Planning
- Past recipients of the Surviving & Thriving With a Life-Altering Injury Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to answer a brief questionnaire from Physician Life Care Planning upon winning the award.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
All applications must be received before the deadline supplied on the application page. Incomplete applications or those received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
A scholarship selection committee will evaluate applications. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, and membership in other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
Due to legal reasons and the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to answer any questions regarding your application status; nor will we be able to provide individual notification to non-winners.
The winners of the Scholarship will be notified via email. An official announcement will be made on the Physician Life Care Planning website as well as through a press release.
The Scholarship award will be mailed directly to the student’s institution of higher education. Instructions for mailing the check will be requested at the time of the award.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, shared with, or distributed to third parties.
Physician Life Care Planning reserves the right to use the winner’s name, photos, and essay in any material related to the Scholarship. This includes announcements via press release, blog posts, and additional marketing materials.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.